Hello world! My name is Rebecca, also known as British Spy by my two best friends, despite the fact that I’m Korean and not British. My roommates thought I kind of looked like a British spy in my long coat I wore to brave the snowy winters, and coined the nickname. Since then it’s become my handle for my various yarn-related accounts.
In a nutshell, I am a scientist-in-training, baker of delicious things, renegade violinist and nerdy crafter.
A few other things about me:
1) I love science. I’m currently getting a PhD in Cell Biology and Genetics and doing research in an aspect of life sciences that is so detailed nobody outside the scientific community really cares about it.
2) On this blog I often write about my two best friends from college—one I will refer to as Russian Spy, also named for her winter coat which makes her look like a Russian spy, and the other who I affectionately call Tesla Coil, not named for her coat—although that would be a pretty sweet coat. They have been my inspiration for many of my projects.
3) I also often refer to my amazing boyfriend whose coat does not inspire any particular name, but he calls himself Lexsarch online and on this blog, so will I.
4) My hobbies include baking, reading, crocheting, playing violin and piano, and being a general science nerd, usually not all at the same time. Not really sure how that would work anyways.
5) I really like making lists.
My TV show/video game/book fandoms are many and varied and are often the inspiration for my yarn-y adventures. I hope you enjoy perusing my finished works!